BLOGGER TEMPLATES AND TWITTER BACKGROUNDS »
Powered By Blogger

There is always a brighter side... ...

There is always a brighter side... ...

Sunday, December 27, 2009

19 Dec sleepover @ Ubin (1) - Bird ID workshop

I went for a sleepover recently at Ubin. Firstly, we went for a bird ID workshop organised by LK (thanks for the workshop!) I'm not good at birds, but now I think I've memorised a few charecteristics of some birds. After the talk, LK laid out a few bird specimens on the tables... This is a wing of one of the larger bird of preys...I don't think I remember their names...there are many types of birds of prey in Singapore...kites, eagles and ospreys. These are the wings of another type of bird...parakeets (I think). There were several other bird body parts, other than wings, too. There were legs and feet... Feathers... Tails... ...and even heads! These feathers were particularly pretty! They are probably for attracting mates. The patterns on the feathers are very beautiful...they seem almost artificial! Well...that's it for the bird ID workshop, but later that day, there would be an evening intertidal walk, which will be part 2 of the sleepover.

0 comments: